- 1 3-5lb Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 10 cloves of garlic, cut in halves
- 4 Limes, juice only
- 4 tablespoons Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 3 Bays leaves
- 7 shakes Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Salt (more if you want)
- 1 large Onion, cut in quarters
- 4 cups Chicken broth (or enough to just cover the pork)
1. Cut 1″ stab wounds into the pork, as deep as you can and stuff in the garlic. Do this in an even pattern the length of the pork.
2. Mix the salt, cumin, and pepper together and rub all over the pork.
3. Drop the pork into the slow cooker.
4. Squeeze limes into the slow cooker
5. Add in the vinegar, hot sauce, and bay leaves
6. Add in the chicken broth
7. Drop in the onions and make sure they get under the broth.
8. Cook on low for about 5 and 1/2 hours.
9. When it is done, it should fall apart when you grab it with tongs. Serve with a salad or slaw!