Cauliflower is the new rice. It is also the new potato. Apparently, it is also the new chicken wing. I like to use it whenever I think of a recipe that could really use a fat, sexy starch. Like this one! This casserole is full of proteiny chicken and the savory goodness of a creamy pasta casserole without all the problems it can bring in your big old belly! It is very satisfying and some day soon, I will be revamping it once more to reduce the calories without removing the flavor and satiety it has now.
NOTE: I have been confronted before by some people who say this is NOT my recipe. They proved it by showing the photo to the left…. yes, the one with my WEB ADDRESS at the bottom. Just sayin’.
- 4 Cups Cauliflower, steamed to softness and chopped
- 3 cubed Chicken Breasts (I baked mine with skin on then cooled and cut)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 stick Butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder (I love garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 6 strips of bacon cut in quarters
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Melt butter in microwave bowl. Add in cream, coconut milk, garlic powder, Parmesan, salt, onion and eggs and whip with a fork or whisk.
2. Add chicken and cauliflower and mix it in. Pour into casserole or cake pan.
3. Add a little more Parmesan on top and then place bacon in a single layer across the top.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Then put on broil for 5-6 minutes until bacon is crispy.