- 2 lbs of chicken breast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Cumin
- 3 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/4 cup of 100% Peanuts peanut butter
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (full fat)
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped with seeds
- 1 tablespoon Onion pwder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoon Ghee (or just butter)
- Salt to taste
Makes 6 servings at 332 calories per serving and 8 carbs
We usually serve this over riced cauliflower. if you don’t feel like making your own, you can buy them already riced now! Check it out!
- In a large bowl, mix together salt, cumin, curry powder, lime zest, greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder. Once it is well mixed, add the cubed raw chicken and put it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour…. but overnight is the best.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the ghee (or butter). As soon as it melts throw in the jalapeno and move it around a for about a minute.
- Now drop in the chicken mixture. Saute the chicken until it begins to get firmer, about 7-9 minutes.
- Now add the peanut butter. You can microwave some in a bowl for a few seconds to get it easier to pour into the chicken. Stir it in and it will thicken the sauce.
- After another 5 minutes of cooking, turn off the heat move the pan off the burner.
- Drop the chopped Cilantro on top and allow the heat of the food to wilt it.
- Let the curry chicken cool a bit and the fats will thicken the sauce even more.
- Serve over the riced cauliflower or even zucchini noodles! It’s also better the next day after it has set in the fridge for a day. You can also garnish the top with some green onions and a few peanuts!
If you have ever done a Google search for Paleo recipes, this is the recipe you will find 5000 versions of (maybe over 9000!). Mine is not much different, but maybe a little. I have a client who was also looking for something they could setup as “quick” food that would stop him from running through a drive-thru when he shouldn’t. He loves these things! He has given me 100 different variations that he uses.
He does warn against the use of eggs from soy-fed chickens. I agree, having seen people develop egg allergies like crazy from eating soy-fed eggs. I get mine from local farmers who pasture their chickens and fed them cracked corn, but no soy. Can you tell I hate soy?
You will be basically pouring about a single egg’s worth in each muffin cup. I also have some nice twists that the family enjoys because it’s similar to the “flavor” of muffins.
It’s a great American idea to turn food items into “STUFFED” food items. I mean, we couldn’t even leave jalapenos and pizza crust alone. We need to fill them with cheese, then deep fry them!
For me, I got the idea for this stuffed meatloaf because I wanted something I could make for lunches that was easy to portion and would fill all of my needs in a couple of slices. Because of the kale and spinach, it packs a lot of vitamins and calcium. The bacon and beef provide excellent proteins and fat content to keep you satiated!
It’s NOT low calories, but a couple slices will go a long way in your tummy. You can eat them cold or hot, with a fork or your hand!
I first had Pork Pernil when I read a recipe for it on Reddit.com almost 8 years ago and decided to do something similar but with more flavor bonuses. It’s a Puerto Rican dish that makes something amazing out of a cheap cut of meat. Great for a slow cooker meal that can last for days for just few bucks! I have used it as our main protein or the base of a cream cheese pork dip and even crisped it up in a pan like a pork fritter!
Cauliflower is the new rice. It is also the new potato. Apparently, it is also the new chicken wing. I like to use it whenever I think of a recipe that could really use a fat, sexy starch. Like this one! This casserole is full of proteiny chicken and the savory goodness of a creamy pasta casserole without all the problems it can bring in your big old belly! It is very satisfying and some day soon, I will be revamping it once more to reduce the calories without removing the flavor and satiety it has now.